Some highlights of 2011:
-In March we learned that we were going to be welcoming our 4th baby girl in November!
-In May our Maren turned EIGHT and was BAPTIZED! I cannot believe I have an eight year old. It was such an awesome day and one we'll never forget! She had a fun birthday party at the Lion House with her cute friends just like I did when I turned eight. It was pretty surreal :)
-Our Summer was CRAZY! We decided that with our new little bundle coming in November, we needed more space and more bathrooms for our girls :) Nate, with the help from our great friends and neighbors finished our basement. A whole new world of space and happiness as filled our home. And no, I do not and never will miss ALL THAT DUST! I think from that experience I have become a little phobic about dust...I might need some therapy :)
-At the end of August our girls started school! While I love have the girls home and being able to up and go anytime we please, I will admit, I do like the structure, the schedule, and kids happily back in school. Maren is now in 3rd grade with a FANTASTIC teacher! She really has made our Maren into a bookworm! I never thought I'd say that. Our sweet Brookie is in Kindergarten and loves learning to especially read, write, and do math. Last, but not least, our 4 going on 16 year old Claire started preschool! She loves going and always has plenty to say about her "boyfriends" and her BFF, the "other"Claire :)
-Brookie turned 6 in October...finally! She literally started counting down the day after she turned 5. She had her dream birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese!
-Now, about this time last year, the whirl-wind of change and gratitude began. On 11.1.11 we welcomed our 4th baby girl, Ruby, to the family! She weighed, 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was about 19 inches long. We are over the moon in love and so happy to have another girl! She gets plenty of love from the three other mothers in our home. Nate is surrounded by women, and is the BEST Dad to our girls. We are all so lucky to have him as the only man in our lives.
-About two weeks after I had Ruby, I was released from Young Womens in my ward. Even now, when I think back, I am so grateful to have had ALL the experiences we shared together as YW and Leaders. What a blessing the last 2 1/2 years had been! It has been an adjustment and change, but I am excited for the girls and the new leaders that they have :)
-It was such a sweet Christmas this year. The girls enjoyed school Christmas parties, we went to many family get togethers, had fun opening gifts, and spent the New Year weekend in Midway. More to come on that soon with a few pics :)
-While in Midway, our girl Claire turned 4 and earned herself a big girl bike! It is so much fun celebrating her birthday playing in the "fake" snow, while we enjoy the driest December EVER here in Utah...
Thanks 2011 for such an eventful year.
Excited for what 2012 will bring :)






1 comment:
Way to go on the blogging Ash. Your girls are so cute and getting so big.
Post a Comment